I just got an two emails and two phone calls, from four seperate people, telling me one of my professors that I was close with, died in a motorcycle accident. I went to that link, not expecting that graphic picture, which really f'd me up. Completely senseless and avoidable.
He was the technical director of the theatre department at VSU. He was a good man and helped me out a lot. I had an intro class with him my freshman year and he was one of those guys that in my senior year would let me skip out of class when I was doing one of the many shows, projects, etc that I was involved in and needed some time. There were four professors that were truly amazing to me and treated me as a colleague and not a student. He was one of them. I worked my butt off for them and they responded with a great mutual respect like I had never known. I still keep/kept in touch with the four of them. I usually try to visit once a year and we would email etc. I had not talked to Mike in about 8 months or so.
Mike Harbin and I drank many a beer together. He taught me a lot about life and art.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Again, sorry about your news. Any way it happens is bad, sad. When it seems senseless and avoidable, it's just that much worse. Maddening.
~mk
Post a Comment