Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Loss

My memory is getting worse. Improv has contributed severly to that loss, of course, other things do, too. My memory used to be impeccable. Did you know you can train and retrain your memory? Kind of teaching yourself to forget. Or vice-versa. Short-term is where it's at, as far my disintegration. Long-term loss is minimal for me. Check your short-term and long-term here.

3 comments:

maryk said...

Do you often forget things that happened long ago in childhood?

* Yes
* No
seems to me that these questions should all have a third "don't remember" choice. I know it's just one of those internet quiz things, but I think it's taken from a book, and these questions are silly. I answered yes to almost all of them. And that website has so many ads that twice it froze my computer before calculating my 'diagnosis.' Faaaaaaakkkk!
Good thing I won't remember my anger tomor--

maryk said...

Also, and it's worrisome, my dad can't remember what he did yesterday or last week, at least specifics and times and days. I mean he's not walking around in a haze, but if asked for specific when? or where? or with whom?, he gets frustrated and depressed. With good reason. But he can tell you everything about the air craft carrier he was on in the Navy, or the electric load of the Plant McIntosh generator in 1974.
The brain is sooo kahrazy.
~mk

cruchic said...

Yeah. That's the odd thing. Of course, there's selective memory and all that sort of thing. Oh, and that quiz was strictly for fun. Although, I did the 'brain fog' test and it said I need to seek counsel from a professional. IT SAID that have severe brain fog.