Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Just the tow of us.

What a night/day/into night. I had a show last night and as I was getting to where my car should've been parked, it was no more. It was parked legally. The sign said something to my unexact recollection of "okay between 7pm and 1 am". Gone. Thank God I thought to remove my ipod before I left the car. So I caught a ride home. Woke up this morning on the earlier side of things to begin car retrieval. Which became a full-time job. Searching through numerous tow companies, and the Atlanta Police Department, none of which had any record of my bright yellow thing. Finally, after 4 attempts with the APD, they find it. She, the nice lady (only one all day) says "you need your registration/tag receipt to get a release form from us". I reply 'that is all in my car'. She very helpfully looked it up for me and said, and I quote, "Just come in the the precinct and we'll look it up for you here on the computer. Then you won't have to go down to the tow place, back to here, back to the tow place." i was relieved as it was about 1:30pm before they even located my car, and it is now 3:30pm. So Nash is going to take me like a good friend to do all this. I get to the precinct to find out THEY ALL LIE! Not that I truly expected different, but even through my recent streak of bad luck, I hoped. The new lady informs me, interupts me and talks over me letting me know that now I do have to present the tag receipt. I try to explain that nice lady had looked it up while I was on the phone with her and said it was fine. New lady: "Well, the shift changed at 4pm." I'm getting very frustrated with her attitude and blurted "So the policies changed at 4pm as well." Then I left. The conversation was really a little longer than that, but the preceeding were the key points. So, I go to the tow place, back to precinct. Stopping to get some cashews and soda inbetween. I return to the bullet proof window and same new lady is there. Another woman such as myself was being told by a clerk something similar about the reciept deal, but I hear her say... "Our computers have been down all day." I was in a fiesty mood and am tired of taking crap all around so I tell the (another) woman "That's not true. Their policies change by the minute. This (new) lady just told me ealier they aren't allowed to look it up. And I spoke to someone (Nice Lady) before 4pm and she said it was easy to do and looked it up." Then I looked at the clerk and new lady (making sure I had gotten my release form) and said "You guys need to post your policies and one of the policies needs to be that your policies don't change every hour on the hour. (the improviser in me did the three-peat) or get another job that you actually care about". Out the door. To the tow company. Paid my $100. Out the door.

Now, I know that must be a crappy job. I don't expect them to love it. But seriously...

No comments: