Meeting/rehearsing with a trumpet player. Wow! It'll be a long process of writing. I have over 75 incomplete songs that are unfinished. I, typically, start writing a song and don't finish it because I hear other instruments, and don't have access to those other instruments. It's kind of bizarre to me that, in going through my personal music library, I find I have very few complete acoustic songs. Very few complete songs at all, really. It's because of the reason I described, more instruments. When writing, I rarely just hear an acoustic guitar. Or just guitar, drums and bass. I hear violin, piano, sax, trumpet. Or I hear some other odd sound, beatbox, etc to layer in. So, I am very excited about my recent musical process. I have written to completion two new acoustic songs in the past two weeks. A new thing for me to write from start to finish in that short a time. Having more access to other musicians happened organically and opened up a whole new creative process for me.
On the band note, songs have new life and new structure. I brought 2 other incomplete songs to the band. Both around four to five years old and I haven't played either of them in probably 3 years. We rehearsed them last night and they are now nearly complete. Super cool!
On another musical note, I've been doing some song-writing with my girl, Lauren. LaLa has some songs complete with lyrics and melody, but she wanted some guitar. So we worked on 2 of her songs on Monday. I have a couple of songs complete with music and some melody, but no or incomplete lyrics. So, tonight we are meeting to work on one of my songs. I love collaborating with her.
I am very lucky to be able to play, write and sing music in this life. Very lucky!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
"-75 incomplete songs that are unfinished-" does that mean you haven't finished your incomplete songs? how do you finish an incomplete song?
empty your trunk, bitch!
Post a Comment